Sunday, November 20, 2011

Why I am your "Follower"


I like that I often fall upon a blog post or  a message board that interests me.
I blog for me. Sometimes I ramble with no direction , but it is something that I am trying to work out in myself. It has no value to anyone, but me.

I have come across people whose blogs have touched a heartstring. I have came across blogs from people that I believe I was led to to either uplift, or to be uplifted by. I have seen mean blog posts by people. I have seen delieriously "up" people" posts, "debbie downer"posts and every kind of blog post in between.

These are brief glimpses into other's lives that could be an indicator of who they actually are, or, they may be only a message of how they feel today; at the moment. It may also be a glimpse into what they wish to be.

When I do fall upon someone who touches me, or interests me, I "follow" their blog. The reason being I like to see what is going on in their world.

I don't feel obligated to visit each  page to leave comments routinely. I would not expect others to feel that way either.

I like that we have the opportunity to cyber mingle with many. If I am a "follower" of your blog, it because I was drawn in by you.

It may have been your humor, your faith, your distress, your achievements, your pictures or any multitude of things.

I am a people-liker.

I am also a fan of Fred Rogers. He is one person that I had always wished to meet, but never did (except in the neighborhood)

I still feel he was my friend, in a cyberlike sorta kinda way. I would have wanted to be his neighbor.

Mr. Rogers helped me as a child during difficult times. I went vicariously with him on field trips learning more about life.

What I am trying to say is:

Its a beautiful day in my neighborhood......................

I am glad I have met you in this neighborhood. I am glad you are my neighbor.

I don't expect much.

I do want you to let me know if there is something that I can help you with.
I wont make contact with you frequently, but that does not mean I do not care.

I hope you stay. I just like knowing you .

P.S. Don't worry about spending too much time with me. I believe in quality time over quantity.

No comments: