Tuesday, April 28, 2009

His Life

Today

I saw into his world.

His story told with permanent ink on his skin.

A beautiful man, full of life, you can see it in his eyes.

He lives admidst the violence that has affected him so deeply

and personally,

and

SO

many times

in his young life.

He has lost His father. His sister . His neice . His Friend .

Only one taken Home by age.

The others,

untimely

by

MURDER.

Names, Crosses and Signs of faith

embedded

in his skin,

with needles

laced with Black ink.

Yet,

He still believes.

Each day he works,

hard,

to make His life better.

His life with His Wife,

and His Child.

His Faith Works.

His light continues...

3 comments:

Marleysflowerchild said...

Great poem! I like the layout-it's very intense. The text didn't strike me the same way. I felt your words.

Marleysflowerchild said...

Great poem! The format provokes intensity. I feel these words :)

Marleysflowerchild said...

I guess I said the same thing twice. Sorry! I guess I just like it all that much