Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So whatcha doing for New Years Eve?

I am wondering what you are all doing for New Years Eve.  
We used to go to a big event for the evening, all dressed up and glitzy, then we got lazy. 
We then began just hanging out at our  "cheers" in casual, and most definitely not glitzy attire. 
The last two years we have happily stayed home, and have fallen asleep well before 12 o'clock.
I really don't mind staying home to celebrate since I am not fond of  the hugging and kissing stuff at midnight.  I don't mind hugging those close to me, but when out in public, I am not into kissing and hugging friends and acquaintances. It makes me uncomfortable.  So really, when it is near midnight, I'd prefer to be warm in bed, wearing dorky comfy jammies, with my hubby.
But, I'd love to live vicariously through your New Years Eve adventures.

What will "we" be doing tomorrow night?



 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a couple friends, food drink and movies;)

April Mitchell said...

I will be ringing in the New Year from the comfort of my own couch, watch the ball drop on TV with my 4 sons and my husband on the phone.

adrienzgirl said...

Sorry, no living vicariously through me. We have a few folks over. That's it. No going out. Definitely no drinking and driving. Just me, the hubs, our kids and some family or friends. This year is just us and my sister and her hubby.

laura said...

"we" will be staying in, watching movies, eating popcorn, hugging, smooching, and just enjoying each other. regardless of what year it is. we do usually watch the last 10 minutes or so of whatever major network the tv is turned to, to watch the ball drop and see everyone smile, hug, and kiss. it IS nice to see that universal love and peace for a few moments. gives me hope for humanity. :)

happy new year to you, friend. sending love from my little neck of the woods...

xoxo,
L.

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Happy New Year!! No wild times here anymore just friends and family coming over. I think home is the safest place to be on new years now adays. I'm with you,if there is any hugging going on,I want it to be people that I care about.

Brian Miller said...

fun with the fam...cant wait.

hope you have a great new year!

Mike said...

OK, I am 44 years old, I am going to give you a quiz, just one question with a 2 choice answer.

Question: WHAT WILL OTIN DO ON NEW YEARS EVE!

A). Ring in the new year by having a drunken orgy with a group of swimsuit models, jetting to three different locations.

B). Ring in the new year by falling asleep in a chair an hour before the ball drops, drinking pepsi and eating chips and onion dip, dreaming about swimsuit models!

LMAO!!

Julie D said...

No big plans, hanging out at home together. Trying to stay awake til midnight. LOL

Happy New Year!

lisa said...

well, im sitting here suffienciently sloshed. dayum. hubby is watching phanton of the opera. i dont liek all the singing. its k cuz we ar together and I have goldsclager. Peace to you all. Happpy new year! Otin. i know you are with the babes :)

Barb said...

Looks like I'm like the rest, just staying home. Kids are playing wii (gift from Santa this year), hubby is asleep on the couch. I'm just catching up on blogs while I wait for midnight.
But Bambi, if you know her, is out on the town. Not only is it New Years Eve, but it's her birthday too.

Kitty Moore said...

Just stopped by to wish you a very happy new year!

Kitty x