Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Welcome Reminder from Sheila

"""For God has not given us a spirit of fear, he has given us a spirit of power, of love and a sound mind." 2Timothy 1:7




This is exactly what He has given to us, its there for us, we need to only grasp onto it, keep the focus on Him, yes Him alone, and not on what is going on around us. Trust, lean, pray and believe....""





In the military, as a dependent wife princess, long long ago, I made a friend named Sheila.



She was a truly ditzy blonde (and I say that with love) Or, perhaps, she was/is smart as a fox playing a ditz. I think after much reflection, the latter is true.

I could write a whole chapter on why she was smart as a fox, but that is not what this post is about.



(I will just share one example of this. She said she could not change the vacuum belt and had to have her hubs do it. I looked at her in disbelief and thought of how I do EVERYTHING around the house. (and my ex let me) )



Sheila knew how to change that belt but played dumb and her hubs changed it. She did not have to do it, and that "told" her hubby that she needed him. They are still very much in love after being married a century ( a small exaggeration)



I had so much fun with that woman while living at an air force base.



Sheila became a christian back during our military days. She used to drive me bonkers. She was what I referred to as an 'on fire' newby christian that shoved God in your face at every imaginable turn. She was invasive to perfect strangers and obnoxious in her quest to turn everyone on to Jesus.



This caused a major chasm to our relationship. I was a christian and had been friends with Jesus many many years. I believed (and still do) that accepting Christ is a personal decision. God gives us the gift and it is up to us to accept it. He does not shove himself at us.



I believed Sheila had good intentions, but you know how that story goes.



Anyhow, fast forward.



I found her on facebook awhile back and we have reconnected.



We caught up on facebook and daily she posts a verse and a thought to go along with it.



At one point she stopped doing it and I messaged her and told her I missed (truly) my verse of the day with her.



The verse above was her post this morning.



I know she has challenges in her life, but she chooses to pray and believe in God's promises. After all these years, she is still ditzy (like a fox) and is very firm in her faith. I admire her. Her light shines bright .



As most days, her verses helps me.



As you all know, we are going through tough times, emotionally, with hubby looking for a new job. I acknowledge that we are not in control of this situation.



I am going to trust, lean, pray and believe.



Thank you Sheila for reminding me.

No comments: