Saturday, October 31, 2009

Everyone should have a beautiful day in their neighborhood

My life is enriched by those I work closely with.

I do not have a run-of-the-mill kind of job.

I have met so many beautiful people, that I truly admire and hold in my heart.

Since I have been at this appointment, I have been touched indirectly, but close enough, by 6 murders of loved ones of those I work for and with.

It continually stays with me.

I look into the eyes those who have lived with violent crimes, and I am amazed with their fortitude and faith.

I know that we do not live in the same neighborhoods.
I believe that crimes are not addressed the same in all neighborhoods.
I also believe that no one's life is more valuable than an other.

I am distraught that everyone is not treated equally in our justice system.

I am angry that many crimes appear to get shoved under the carpet that occur in "black neighborhoods".

I am angry that such publicity is given to violent crimes against whites, and it appears that they have more worth.

This is my wish. This is my prayer.
I wish everyone a beautiful day everyday, in their neighborhood.
A beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor. would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

We all wish for beautiful crime free days in our neighboorhood.

Most have that.
Many I work with,
and for,
don't.
Any day without a crime touching them is a good day.

May we all have a "good day in the hood".

Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful wish...My very good friend O is african american, and until I started hanging with her I did not realize just how different they are still treated...shameful! I agree wholeheartedly...Everyone should be able to have a BEAUTIFUL DAY red, yellow black or white they are precious in Gods sight.

peace

My Aimless Infatuation said...

AMEN!AMEN!