Friday, June 19, 2009

Celebrate Rick



I am anticipating this weekend. Yeah, it's Friday.

Dear Hubby's birthday is tomorrow and I am planning him a birthday party. He is going to be 56 and has never had a suprise party. I am having some family over and I can't believe I haven't spilled the beans.

Since we have lived here, we have only had one event at the house. Hubby is not so fond of people in his space.

I am slightly un-nerved as I am not the "hostest with the mostest". So far I have ordered a cake and think I will order some wings from his favorite wing spot and a sandwich ring from Sam's. I am making green fluff (that holds goofy private memories for us), hot spinach and asiago dip with tortillas, macaroni salad and baked beans. I hope that is sufficient.

My sister will be here and she is the "Martha Stewart" of the family. She got all of the hostest genes in the family. She always entertains in a manner that looks effortless.

All this being said, what really matters is that we all celebrate an awesome man on his birthday. This is my second hubby and we have been together almost ten years.

I am thankful for my Rick.


Happy Birthday Love!

1 comment:

lisa said...

We had a nice gathering celebrating Hubby's birthday but we are still eating leftover birthday party food! Anyone hungry for a good hot sausage sandwich?? :O)